We were delighted to preview our redesigned ManageBac for the Enhanced PYP over the past week during webinars across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, and to share our important system updates with over 800+ PYP Coordinators using ManageBac.
Key highlights from our PYP First Look & Preview webinar:
- Collaborative Real-Time Planner: with our new at-a-glance summary view of the Unit of Inquiry, smooth navigation with enhanced menus, and powerful real-time collaboration and in-line editing (one of the most longstanding feature requests from schools using Google Docs and part of our global shift away from linear planning).
- Stream & Resources: including weekly and lesson plans to support Learning & Teaching and differentiation of assessments, resources and learning experiences.
- Curriculum Analytics: including the Programme of Inquiry, vertical & horizontal whole-school curriculum, curriculum review showing coverage and analytics for ATL Skills, Key Concepts and the Learner Profile.
- Portfolio: expanded resource types (including drawing), ability to post into multiple student portfolios, QR code access, and advanced sharing permissions for parents & students.
- Assessment: our split-screen gradebook allowing teachers to annotate and mark with flexible rubrics, points, criteria, etc. with Monitoring and Measuring for learning in line with the new PYP requirements.
Browse our full slides here to see a more detailed explanation:
Browse an example unit planner PDF below:
We also held a Facebook Live session via the PYP coordinators Facebook group. View a recording of the session below, and look out for additional Webinars and Facebook Live sessions, running each month until the end of 2019.
Since January we have been consulting with PYP coordinators around the world via our PYP coordinators focus group. As always please feel free to contact us with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, we are looking forward to launching the new PYP for your school from Summer 2019.
For a comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions, please refer to Enhanced PYP: FAQs.