Managing the IB Middle Years Programme
- The only learning platform supporting the full IB Continuum and designed with the new Standards & Practices in mind.
- Collaboratively plan in real-time with integrated Student Portfolios, Assessment and Reporting for stand-alone subjects and interdisciplinary units.
- Streamline assessment and reporting with built-in MYP criteria and grade boundaries.
- Manage the Personal and Community Projects from initial proposal to assessment.
Students gradually build a digital portfolio over time as they submit coursework into their classes for individual assessments. Track the progression of a student’s learner profile attributes and ATLs through their learning goals and submitted work. All submitted work is automatically grouped into subjects with learning goals. Portfolios can be exported as PDFs or synced to our partners when taking the next step in your students’ learning journey.
Teaching & Learning
With a unique Curriculum-First approach & design, ManageBac supports effective implementation of the IB MYP Programme:
- When you create a class, you choose from pre-built subjects, which allow teachers to collaboratively share curriculum, resources, tasks, and assignments effortlessly.
- Differentiation is supported naturally in classes (e.g. Phases in Language B) by allowing units, resources and assessment tasks to be delivered separately.
- When a curriculum review occurs, curriculum changes are automatic, saving schools countless hours each year and ensuring that curriculum is accurate & up-to-date.
Create summative and formative tasks linked to units, custom categories, and resources with support for differentiation (i.e. Phases in Second Languages). Support for task-specific clarification of assessment criteria. Allow for student uploads and plagiarism checking with our Turnitin integration.
Supported file types
- Website or Video
- Files (PDF, PPT, DOC, TXT)
Staff can view events, tasks, deadlines, exams, and entire calendars by year group, individual class or activity group (i.e. Basketball Club). Students also have access to their own calendar, which is populated with their associated items and updated in real-time.
Teachers record class attendance based on the configured preferences (i.e. weekdays and rotation-based, categories, days off). Admins can manage attendance by student, class, or curriculum and set daily digests, send reminders to teachers, and absences to parents. Parents can also submit attendance excusals through ManageBac.
As a teacher or administrator you can view assignment deadlines, exams, and entire class calendars by year, group (such as Basketball or Drama Club), or by individual class. Students also get a real-time view of their term as calendar items are synced as soon as they are added by their instructors.
Communicate with year groups, teachers, and individual students to provide feedback, suggestions, and add clarity about tasks and assignments. Parents using ManageBac can also receive messages about their student's performance alerting them to potential issues as they happen.
Provide students & families with a consistent, modern and intuitive user experience from initial inquiry to enrolment and school life & beyond.
Teaching & Learning
Admissions & Enrolment
Activities & Payments
Download these MYP-specific resources to support you and your school the IB Middle Years Programme:
A comprehensive guide designed for school Administrators & MYP Coordinators to configure your school’s ManageBac account in a best-practice manner. Includes Subscription Overview, School Account Setup, Getting Started guides, FAQs, help resources and more!
Contact our sales team or request a personalized demonstration
to help you learn more about ManageBac.