- Collaboratively plan in real-time via MYP unit planners, with built-in guidance for standalone and interdisciplinary units.
- Evidence learning through integrated Student Portfolios, Assessment and Reporting.
- Manage Personal and Community Projects from initial proposal to assessment.
- Streamline Assessment & Reporting with built-in MYP criteria and grade boundaries.
- Help students make a positive difference through Service as Action.
From curriculum planning to IB Evaluation – it’s all there.
Benefit from comprehensive curriculum support, customisable Assessment & Reporting, and an easy to use interface across web and mobile platforms.
Everything at a glance.
Collaborative Curriculum Planning
- Collaboratively create, edit and share unit planners across year levels in real-time.
- Built-in with Global Contexts, key concepts, ATL skills, and more.
See the Big Picture
- Browse whole-school curriculum and analytics to track coverage of concepts and skills.
- Embed notes, files, photos, videos, and websites with our drag and drop Stream & Resources.
Programme Standards & Practices
Built-in planner guidance and IB Evaluation support.
To support schools transition to the new IB Standards & Practices, we are providing planner guidance direct from the IB, including how each section of the template aligns with the IB Standards & Practices. This embedded PD will keep the IB philosophy at the heart of teacher planning and collaboration at your school, driving a culture of continuous reflection and improvement.
Interested in learning more about the IB Standards & Practices?
Academic Standards & Curriculum Updates
We have added over 600 sets of academic and accreditation standards and benchmarks for our schools comprising the world’s largest indexed collection of over 1.5 million fully-licensed academic standards.
Teaching & Learning
A curriculum-first approach.
- Pre-built MYP subjects support teachers to plan collaboratively and share resources, tasks and assignments effortlessly.
- Differentiation is supported naturally in classes (e.g. Phases in Language B) by allowing units, resources, and assessment tasks to be delivered separately.
- Benefit from automatic curriculum updates, saving you countless hours each year and ensuring that units are accurate and up-to-date.
Create, review, plagiarism check.
Create summative and formative tasks linked to units, custom categories, and resources with support for differentiation (i.e. Phases in Second Languages). Support for task-specific clarification of assessment criteria. Allow for student uploads and plagiarism checking with our Turnitin integration.
Supported file types
- Website or Video
- Files (PDF, PPT, DOC, TXT)
Bringing together all data. Personalised.
Teachers record class attendance based on the configured preferences (i.e. weekdays and rotation-based, categories, days off). Admins can manage attendance by student, class, or curriculum and set daily digests, send reminders to teachers, and absences to parents. Parents can also submit attendance excusals through ManageBac.
Connecting made easy.
Communicate with year groups, teachers, and individual students to provide feedback, suggestions, and add clarity about tasks and assignments. Parents using ManageBac can also receive messages about their student’s performance alerting them to potential issues as they happen.
Keeping everyone on track.
As a teacher or administrator you can view assignment deadlines, exams, and entire class calendars by year, group (such as Basketball or Drama Club), or by individual class. Students also get a real-time view of their term as calendar items are synced as soon as they are added by their instructors.
Assessment & Reporting
Evaluating student learning with ease.
We provide customisable gradebooks, built-in assessment and annotation tools, as well as integrations with Google Docs for coursework submission and TurnItIn for plagiarism prevention.
Designed to fit your needs.
Submit individual task and term assessments by MYP assessment criteria, points, or comments. Create term rubrics for all or specific subjects, and automatically convert to local grades. Administrators can track the progress of term grade submissions by subject or student in real-time.
Interested in how our new split-screen gradebook helps speed things up?
As seamless as it gets.
In less than 3 clicks, teachers can link, assign, and distribute a Google Doc template to their entire class. For students, this provides one-click access to their GDocs editor with the coursework template pre-loaded, and automatically saves the submitted GDoc to their portfolio with all marks and annotations preserved for future reference.
Our Turnitin integration allows student coursework to be automatically submitted through Turnitin prior to grading in order to improve student writing, empower original thinking, and prevent plagiarism. Access all Feedback Studio features directly from within ManageBac.
Mark and annotate - alone our collaboratively.
Vantage Reader is a built-in tool for all marking and annotation of submitted coursework. Designed to be collaborative, multiple authors can comment and annotate individual assignments in parallel – just like in Google Docs.
A document that makes a lasting impression.
Seamlessly report on all aspects of your students’ progress and achievement – using customisable, curriculum-aligned templates, and drawing on data from your ManageBac account, including homeroom, gradebook and attendance module. Choose to generate your report cards as print-ready PDFs or via our brand new web view format, and deliver them securely to parents and students online.
The future of assessments. Now.
Draw on a diverse range of question types and tools, sophisticated auto-marking and analytics, and full ManageBac integration to bring next generation online assessment to your MYP classroom.
Rich and Interactive Format
- Collaboratively create engaging and accessible online assessments – with videos, simulations, images and 15+ question types.
Next Generation Online Assessment
- Deliver high-stakes assessments in lockdown mode, using a range of advanced tools, including math editor, graphing, calculator, timer and multi-lingual support.
High-Quality MYP Question Bank
- Access thousands of criteria-aligned, customisable eAssessment questions – suitable for formative, summative and mock exams.
Powerful Grading and Analytics
- Reap the benefits of auto-marking, annotate as you go, and get deep insights into students’ progress – with the option to assign achievement levels or points to MYP subject criteria.
- Easily create online assessments directly from your Classes and Tasks, and have all grades auto-synced back into your Gradebook.
Service as Action
A framework for meaningful student action.
- Effectively track Service as Action progress using built-in MYP learning outcomes for service.
- Plan service activities and request Coordinator approval.
Record and Reflect
- Upload evidence and reflections in the form of photos, videos, journal entries, and more.
Feedback and Review
- Communicate via the Message Board and request Supervisor reviews for each activity.
Personal & Community Project
Fostering curiosity, inquiry and discovery.
- Track and approve student proposals with built-in Global Contexts.
- Complete the assessment using built-in criterion and export directly to PDF.
Track Ongoing Project Reflections
- Track ongoing project reflections. Students can reflect meaningfully through journals, websites, photos, and files.
Evidence of learning conveniently consolidated over time.
Students gradually build a digital portfolio over time as they submit coursework into their classes for individual assessments.
- Track the progression of a student’s Learner Profile attributes and ATLs through their learning goals and submitted work.
- All submitted work is automatically grouped into subjects with learning goals.
- Export portfolios as PDFs or sync to our partners when taking the next step in your students’ learning journey.
Flexible learning opportunities in the online space.
- Seamless online lesson delivery with Zoom and Presentation Mode.
- Whole-school communication with KeyChat.
- Engagement analytics and automaticed reminders with weekly digests.
Online Lesson & Presentation Mode
Engaging learning experiences – anytime, anywhere.
Schedule your virtual lesson using your preferred video conferencing tool or take advantage of our built-in Zoom integration. Start the lesson with one click from your calendar or your unit’s Stream.
Messaging designed for schools. With built-in safeguarding.
Facilitate smooth and secure communication between students, teachers and parents – backed by comprehensive safeguarding protocols, and customised to your school. Chats can be initiated across all programmes in ManageBac – helping your whole school community to stay in touch, whenever and wherever
1-1 Direct Messaging
- Start a chat with students, teachers and parents within all Class, Year Group and Homeroom pages.
Pinning a Chat
- Easily access pinned chats as they always appear on top of the chat list.
Archive Chat Thread
- Hide and close chats that are no longer relevant.
Mute Chat Thread
- If you wish to stop receiving notices, you can choose to mute that individual chat.
- Open a blank canvas to draw using a range of editing tools.
Chat Permissions Management
- Set chat permissions on a global and grade level basis.
- Built-in safeguarding, with transcripts and reporting for peace of mind. You can report any message you feel is inappropriate.
- Record and send an audio message, via web or mobile, which will be playable in the chat without having to download.
- Open the emoji picker and react to messages with an emoji. We have already filtered out inappropriate emojis.
|Programme Standards & Practices and IB Evaluation|
|Teaching & Learning|
|Assessment & Reporting|
|Online Assessments with AssessPrep Integration|
|Service as Action|
|Personal & Community Project|
|Presentation Mode with Zoom Integration|
|Direct Messaging with KeyChat|
Visit Help Centre