We’re delighted today to announce an integration partnership with BridgeU for university and careers guidance.
BridgeU’s platform empowers schools to manage the complex challenge of preparing and carrying out global university applications. By leveraging the power of big data and a suite of streamlined management tools, BridgeU helps reduce administrative costs, improve results, and increase student engagement. BridgeU supports student applications to the six most popular destinations for higher education: US, UK, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, and the Netherlands.
Our partnership focuses on delivering a comprehensive technical integration, including:
- single sign-on
- streamlined account provisioning
- information sync
This integration partnership reflects our on-going commitment to supporting IB Diploma students throughout their educational journeys, from applying to IB schools via OpenApply, to managing academics & extracurricular activities on ManageBac, and now with university & careers planning on BridgeU.
At our ManageBac User Group Conference in Shanghai our Managing Director provided a general company update, including a review of our service in 2016, an update on our recent releases, and information about our upcoming road map. The slides are now available below.
ManageBac will be unavailable as we perform server maintenance on Saturday, May 27 starting at 8AM UTC. The downtime is expected to last up to four hours. Thank you for your patience, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Student & Parent Password Requirements: Navigate to Settings > Access Permissions & Security to relax password requirements for students and / or parents. Please note that if you choose to allow weak password requirements, security risks will be higher and we do not recommend this. Click here for further guidance.
Our product road map is now available to view! Anyone can now navigate to our public road map to gain visibility into where we are focusing our resources in the coming year. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any feedback or questions.
We are delighted to announce our new Stream view, which integrates Assessment tasks and resources under our Unit planners within classes.
Key highlights include:
- Ability to sequence assessment tasks and resources under a Unit Plan. This new Stream view provides a sequence for the students to follow along their learning journey.
- Resources can be marked as private (and only accessible to teachers) or shared with both students & parents.
- Drag’n’drop allows for easy re-ordering of assessment tasks and resources.
- Resources can now be linked between Assignments, Units > Resources and Class > Files, simplifying Files & Resource management. In other words, you won’t need to re-upload twice.
To learn more, browse our tutorial on Streams: Units, Assessment and Resources.
- Subscribe to our blog! Stay up to date with new and upcoming releases by subscribing to our blog. Enter your email address on the right navigation panel to subscribe.
Middle Years & Diploma
- Language Acquisition Phase added to Classes Export: Navigate to Classes > Export all Classes. The phase of Language Acquisition classes is now included on the Import Sheet of the Excel export.
Today we released our new Google Drive and GDocs integration. Together with the improvements that deployed last week to Files & Resources sharing, it is now easier to collaborate on ManageBac across tasks, unit planners, and classes.
Students are now able to directly upload files from their Google Drive folders into their Portfolios or for coursework submission.
For teachers, these improvements allow for seamless sharing of files and resources within our curriculum-first class structure. Key highlights include:
- When creating an assessment task, upload directly from GDrive or choose an existing file & resource from Class > Files or Unit > Resources.
- Google Drive or Doc files added to ManageBac classes will automatically be retained in the Subject Resources allowing teachers to easily share between multiple classes
- No need to separately login if your school already uses Google Apps.
Please see the following tutorials for further guidance on GDrive Integration:
Enabling Google Integration (Admins)
Uploading files from Google Drive (teachers)
Uploading files from Google Drive (students)
Sharing Unit Resources with Students: Teachers can now share unit planning resources with students. Students can view shared resources in the unit plan as well as in the unit assignments / tasks. This update allows teachers to upload resources once and use them across assessments, units and classes. Please review our help tutorials for further guidance:
- Sharing Unit Resources with Students (PYP Teachers)
- Sharing Unit Resources with Students (MYP & DP Teachers)
- Viewing your Unit Plans & Assignments (DP Students)
- Viewing your Unit Plans & Tasks (MYP Students)