Each year the International Baccalaureate releases new guidance, expectations and curriculum materials. Here at ManageBac, we proactively plan for these changes, seeking guidance from subject specialists and the IB itself. In this blog, we provide a rundown of the updates and new resources that we have launched over the last 6 weeks to support IB schools across all four programmes.
We’ve made some striking enhancements to our DP unit planner template this summer to better support teachers on engaging with the new IB Standards and Practices.
- We’ve integrated the list of strategies from the IB ATL self-reflection tool within the unit planner template to aid in the explicit teaching of ATLs.
- We’ve added guidance in the template for TOK Connections to reflect the new TOK course, helping teachers to make TOK connections within disciplinary lessons.
- We’ve launched three guidance videos on our DP unit planner, highlighting our standards integration, collaborative tools and template flexibility:
Extended Essay can now be enabled as a Subject in Settings, allowing coordinators to create a dedicated class for the Extended Essay and Unit Plans featuring in-built Aims, Objectives and Syllabus notes for the Extended Essay.
We’ve created this editable Google Slides deck for Extended Essay coordinators to use and adapt for introducing new DP1 students to the Extended Essay, with practical guidance for COVID-19 and the Extended Essay.
Theory of Knowledge
Theory of Knowledge Unit Plans have been updated with the 2022 Aims, Objectives and Syllabus content, featuring more detail from the subject guides than before to guide the planning of this subject.
The Quick Start Guide for TOK has been refreshed with guidance from our resident TOK expert Michael Dunn on the new course, including a section on the TOK Exhibition.
We’ve created this editable Google Slides deck for TOK coordinators to use and adapt.
Creativity, Activity, Service
We recognise that COVID-19 is having a significant impact on the ability of students to engage in CAS through normal avenues of participation. To support CAS coordinators we’re providing the following free resources:
- Webinar for CAS coordinators on 15th September: Join two CAS educators as they share their process for supporting CAS during remote and hybrid learning.
- Online monthly PLC for CAS coordinators: CAS in a Virtual Environment Cohort: A Collaborative Learning Experience.
- Editable Google Slides deck for CAS coordinators to adapt and use with their students.
We are happy to announce that subject updates have been launched for IB Diploma Economics and Music.
Last week, we hosted Tom Brodie as he discussed the Economics updates. Watch again here!
We’re looking for music teachers to share their experience of transitioning to the new course. If you are interested in sharing, please contact our VP of Professional Development Kelby Zenor.
We are happy to announce that subject updates have been launched for MYP Language Acquisition and Mathematics.
Please note that these changes are global for all schools unless schools have made changes to their criteria. In this case, schools will need to manually update in Settings. For more information, check out our guidance from 19th August.
We’d love to hear from you about how these subject updates are impacting your teaching and the student learning experience! Contact our VP of Professional Development Kelby Zenor if you are interested in sharing your experiences with the wider IB community.
To launch our new Global ResourceBank, we are providing a free baseline Programme of Inquiry in the PYP covering all age-levels.
CP Coordinators are invited to use and adapt these Google Slide decks tailor-made for CP Coordinators to introduce the CP Core. Click on the links below and make a copy to edit for your own school context.
- Introduction to CP Language Development
- Introduction to the CP Reflective Project
- Introduction to CP Service Learning
Don’t forget! We offer Pearson BTEC curriculum support within ManageBac unit plans. Contact your ManageBac representative to find out more.
In case you missed it, check out our blog on the new IB Standards and Practices!
During this challenging time, we have maintained close contact with our schools and students, leveraging our expertise in online education to support schools as they have flipped their brick-and-mortar schools into virtual learning environments. View our COVID-19 webpage to access curated support based on our learnings, or our page on Integrated Remote Learning.